I love cooking this kind of dish especially during my lazy days, lol. It’s like 2-in-1 recipe.
500 gm slices of chicken
2 bunches of pechay / bokchoy , cut according to desired sizes
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. ginger strips
1 ripe tomato, thinly sliced
4 cups water
10 pcs. Whole peppercorns
1 tbsp fish sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
4 tbsp. cooking oil
1. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a pot, sauté half of garlic for 10 seconds, then add one onion, 1 tbsp. ginger and tomato. Saute until tender.
2. Add chicken slices, stir to mix well.
3. Add water, fish sauce and pepper corns. Let it boil, lower the heat and simmer until chicken are done.
4. Turn off the heat, take out the chicken from the pot by using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate. Set aside.
5. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp. oil in a pan, sauté the remaining garlic, onion and ginger until tender.
6. Add chicken and soy sauce, stir fry for 1 minute, then add oyster sauce. Cook for few seconds. Turn off heat and transfer to a dish.
7. Reheat the pot with chicken stock, let it boil. Add pechay, cover immediately and turn off heat. Let it stand for 30 seconds to 1 minute before opening to serve.